There are many things I’ve discovered in the past few days. Mostly that I will never be fully satisfied with my day. I always want to be able to do more, and sometimes I try, but most of the time all the energy has leaked out of me. Not to mention the daily stress of walking on ice. I took the wonderful time today to put on my nice boots only to be rudely reminded how much they are NOT meant for Montana winters. I wish someone had videotaped my walk from Miller Hall to the Country store. Especially since at the time it was to Eminems’ “Not Afraid”, it was classy. At least I looked like a crazy person; better that than looking normal and falling on my ass.
Further discovery has brought me to my old NSYNC songs. I remembered all the lyrics and could belt them loud enough for people outside to say something, as I discovered my window wide open. Closing the window I looked out for snow, finding none a nap was in order. Naps are wonderful little inventions and the essence as to why college and Kindergarten are so similar. We take snack breaks and nap breaks. There are art projects and homework that no one really does. New friendships are made as we enter an entirely new education system. The kids on the playground change groups everyday. “They’re just kids” is the all too repeated excuse. I love it.
I walked home today from my friends dorm room and looked up at the mountain as I avoided giant melted puddles of slush that mother nature has left so nicely for me to sidestep. In Wisconsin the sky line is dark for as far as the eye can see. In Montana you have to look up higher above the lighter mountains that illuminate the sky. In the winter they are a soft blue against the cobalt of the sky. I’ll miss these mountains when I get back. They hold me in like a giant hug, keeping me safe. This reminds me to go hiking in the snow after break.
This has been a quick reflection. I must go watch Glee now and try to forget I have finals in 4 days. What if I just said no?
No comments:
Post a Comment