Boredom is a disease that plagues me nearly everyday. I get bored easily. Many of you might not believe this as I have professed profusely ( that was just fun to type) that I am easily amused. However, if you think about the act of boredom and amusement they go hand in hand. The result is a rather obscure case of ADD in which the only answer is to throw down the homework and pick up the computer and go on Facebook for an infinite number of hours. However unproductive that may be, it is extremely rewarding to log on and see those little numbers in the corner. SOMEONE IS PAYING ATTENTION TO ME. yay.
So the only solution to this problem after the boredom is cured, is to recognize that this isn't a healthy way to cure boredom and so Facebook gets logged out and stumbleupon gets opened up. For those of you that don't know, Stumbleupon is a website that surfs the net for you, and if you don't like it, you simply "stumble" again.
I open Facebook.
Now, I stumble enough in real life I needn't do it through the internet, and yet....I am addicted. I put in animals and photography as my filter along with humor and it leads to some incredibly funny, beautiful, creepy, awkward moments to my day. Stumbleupon loves to introduce me to new things and always seems to insist that I love watching crazy cat videos. Which I didn't, until I stumbled upon a crazy cat video, and then I loved it.
I open Facebook
Boredom has set in again. The cats can only jump in the cookie jar so many times for my easily amused brain. I have given up on the internet all together this time as youtube has too many choice and to stumbleupon already searches youtube for me. iPhoto is opened up next and I observe my pictures. What can I do to make this one look prettier?
I open Facebook. Ah crap, that person comments on EVERYTHING!
With some ideas in hand I proceed to open up picnik, a relatively new discovery of mine. I had wondered for months how people created those photos with quotes on them in multiple fonts, nobody has that much time to figure it out on photoshop. I couldn't imagine spending all that time. Picnik makes it easier and faster and my love for quotes and music can be put to photos now. I have made some of the sappiest pictures and I gotta say, I love it.
Hold on, I gotta check Facebook.
Now to check all my emails. Junk, Junk, Junk. all junk.
.....hold on, % off on shutterfly.
The urge to buy hits me like the snowstorm outside my window (more on that later).
whooooooosh.
photobook made.ordered.money spent.
It's now 2:00 am, my roommate has been asleep for 3 hours, I have to get up in 5 hours.
Check Facebook.
No comments:
Post a Comment