If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em
I hate that line. It’s almost like giving up. However, after spending a week and two days in a dorm I REALLY wanted to get back at everyone for being so loud. Even when campus is a ghost town on Labor Day weekend night time was, and will never be, quiet. I feel like my dorm is loudest, with our window overlooking the backdoor entrance and right next to the stairs I here everything. The loud, obnoxious, wasted college students exist solely for the purpose of keeping me up (yes, I’m that special) ‘till midnight and then, just as I’ve drifted off, they come again in packs at 2:30, 3:00, and the last at 4:55 a.m. Brilliant college tuition scholarships paying off. Now, I really don’t give a rat’s behind what they do, so long as they don’t bring it back loud and smelly into my hall, which of course they do oh so willingly. Again, brilliant.
The idea came during movie night two days ago. We were watching Galaxy Quest (classic by the way) and I remembered playing spies/ninjas in the halls of my high school. I didn’t remember all the odd looks or giggles from the underage beach blonde teens (which I’m sure were plentiful); I remembered Mission Impossible blasting on the speakers and spy mode commenced.
It needed to be done.
So, Ninja Night was born. We wore black and some of us had hoods. The night began with jumping on benches and scaling the walls and fences of dorms. The chase was on. Operation Alligator Matrix was in full swing. Somersaulting across the quad and doing the worm under windows, spy jumping when window shades were open, crawling on our bellies when shut (not productive I know but we weren’t trained to be skilled). We had our first injury at the lighted stairs, a gracefull leap turned into a plummet onto concrete and Agent Ninja E was found sprawled, laughing, oblivious to the pain. Good Goin.
The thunder and rain came after we escaped the Ambush. Us ninjas moved swiftly from the cover of Pine and Grass to open oval. We saw others coming across, the need for cartwheels arose and off we went across the newly slick, black grass of the oval. Full speed ahead across the oval were unknown assailants headed our direction. A few of us split off to investigate and we were separated! Creating a diversion, one division headed off toward the giant clock and the other half lay in the grass, taking a well deserved ninja nap...in the rain.
Ninja team 1 did not return after chased by male assailants around University Hall so Ninja team 2 ran after their nap to rescue them, but the missing were nowhere to be found. A few assailants were suspiciously lit on the pavement, so the Ninjas, under cover of disguise, began the approach.
Our assailants turned out to be Quidditch players. YES!
They wanted to know where Dumbledore was and what we were doing on their field. Our young naive ninjas replied with the truth “NINJAS!!” they wanted to join in after learning the rules, but we ninjas stay tight and do not allow friend, foe, nor wizard to intervene. They directed us to our team of ninjas and we were united again. The Quidditch players blew their vuvuzela as we went off cartwheeling and somersaulting once more, yelling out “GRYFINNDOR!!!!” whenever the vuvuzela was blown across the oval.
Beat that.
I love you erin. this is so awesome!! :P
ReplyDelete